Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Food and Meaning

One thing about higher education is getting your mind tied in a pretzel every once in a while without visiting a psychologist. Perhaps studying psychology is a double dose?

Anyway, I'm reading Maslow's "Religion, Values and Peak Experiences" and he starts talking about false dichotomies and meaning and science and I realize that I'm so hungry at the end of the day because I feel like my day should have meant something. I hunger for fulfillment, spiritually. Not physically or emotionally or psycho sexually or anything else. In a way, kookie religion-based "diets" have always appealed to me because I need food to mean nothing more than what it is and I need to look for meaning outside the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home